Technical Sales Engineer - Ottawa, Canada
Sell to a select list of targeted strategic accounts.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships within accounts and prospects at the Executive Level (CPO/CFO/VP Materials/VP Supplier Engineering). As well as at the Technical level.
- Engage resources from Pre-Sales, Consulting and Business Development to position, close and deliver the best solution.
- Identify and leverage business relationships with partners to deliver solutions to shared customers/prospects.
- Develop territory/account plans and strategies to achieve goals and quota objectives.
- The candidate should have skills in consultative selling, hunting for new business, and the ability to present and interact with senior level business and technical employees.
- Understanding of end to end supply chain concepts and experience in manufacturing processes, as well as the ability to develop value add ideas/proposals on Mechanical Components (PWB's, Sheet Metal, Cable Assemblies…) as it relates to technical aspects and Off shore sourcing possibilities.
- Technical Proficiency and Experience dealing with Mechanical Commodities
- Preparation and Review of Request for Quotes on Mechanical Products (drawings, technical parameters)
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated career stability
- Knowledge & experience in large deal value based selling
- Track record of demonstrated success and growing responsibilities within an OEM or EMS company.
- 5+ years experience in selling / engineering / project management roles at an Original Equipment Manufacturer, or EMS Provider in the Electronics Industry.
- Team approach to opportunity development – Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Aggressive Compensation Package
- Opportunity for rapid career advancement within an entrepreneurial company